In December of 2010 the Nepalese Red Cross broke ground in Kawasoti for the construction of a blood bank. This was the first blood bank in the district. The project was realised in conjunction with the Tamsarya Foundation and with the co-operation of 37 VDC’s (Village Development Committees). The blood bank opened its doors in 2013, while that year also saw the holding of the first blood donor camp.
In total, 1018 people donated blood
2014: 7 blood donor camps
2015: 6 blood donor camps
2016: 3 blood donor camps